Sponge Painting Around a Leaf
Poem - Song
- A wire, large mesh, screen 6" x 14"
- white paper, cut to 6" x 14"
- tempera (fall colors)
- felt marking pens
- Lay two or more leaves on the white paper. Adhere leaves with double stick tape if needed.
- Lay metal mesh screen over the leaves.
- Sponge colors around leaves with tempra.
- Remove the screen and leaves, and let the painting dry.
- When it is dry, take a felt marking pen and trace around the leaves. Add the veins for the leaves.
- Mount on colored construction paper. Photos may be placed in the white leaf space.
Las hojitas, las hojitas
de los arboles se caen,
llega el viento y las levanta
y se ponen a ...
cantar, dormir, correr, comer, etc.
©   Deborah Padrick   2001